1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups pecans
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
1 1/3 cups water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1/3 cup oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
3 eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
- Prepare ready-mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter into a 13×9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for a quarter-hour. Remove and let cool.
- during a double saucepan, add caramels, milk, and butter and stir constantly till melted.
- Pour melted caramel over cooling cake. Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining batter on top and bake for a further 20 minutes.